Sunday, October 8, 2017

Review: Star Wars RPG Revised CRB

I recently got a copy of the re-released version of WotC's first Star Wars RPG, the precursor to Star Wars Saga Edition at my FLGS for a good deal, so here's a review.

Artwork: Some of the artwork seems to be reused images from the films but what's not varies between quite nice paintings and fairly cartoony images, which is fairly jarring to me. However, if the artwork was all one type, I think it would be quite a bit better, and each piece is fairly decent by its own.
Rating: 4/5

Writing: The writing is consistent and I don't see any major typos or grammatical errors throughout the book.
Rating: 5/5

Mechanics: The game uses a slightly modified d20 system that I happen to find easy to use to introduce my group to. HOWEVER, as it should be according to the movies, the Force is a tad too powerful for my tastes and the Dark Side isn't as well represented as it is in the d6 system. All in all, the system is good for Wizards of the Coast and I would play it.
Rating: 4/5

Layout: As is standard for Wizards of the Coast, the layout is extremely professional and a pleasure to look at. The background for each page doesn't detract from the actual content and helps add to the "eye feel" of the book.
Rating: 5/5


Average Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment