Thursday, November 16, 2017

On Designing an OSR RPG

After reading Troika!, designing my own OSRRPG went to the forefront of my mind. So of course, after two days of work in my free-time, I now have a (quasi-almost) playable draft.  It basically uses proficiencies from Skills and Powers, random magical power based on IQ like AD&D psionics, and is around as rules-light as TBH/Troika!. Currently I just have to write all... 99 spells before it's playable and I can start playtesting. (Maybe having a d100 table for which spell you learn wasn't a good idea...)

Link to the WIP Draft

If I can finish writing the spells, play test the system, and throw a framework of a setting around the rules, I might commission some artwork and publish it, but that's a far ways away right now.

EDIT: After a long time brainstorming spells in my free time, I managed to get a complete list and will hopefully finish the rules skeleton this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment